Doc's Guest House
For groups and gatherings, consider a stay at Doc’s Guest House. Built in the late 1800’s, the house was once the home of the town doctor and his family. It was painstakingly restored in 2004-2005 to accommodate family reunions, group outings, weddings and private retreats. Located directly behind the inn, it offers four bedrooms, a cheery retro kitchen and cozy living and dining rooms – all within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops. Although breakfast is available at the nearby Bright Morning Inn restaurant, it is NOT included in the rates for the guest house.
Accommodations & Amenities
The house sleeps ten guests in six beds. The blue room, formerly a maid’s quarters with its own staircase to the kitchen, offers one double bed. The spacious green room offers a Queen size bed and a twin, the cheerful yellow room features a Queen only and the large and airy pink room offers a Queen. Two full and two half baths provide added convenience. Like many old houses, this house was built in stages. Please note that the pink bedroom can only be accessed by passing through one of the other bedrooms.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- All linens provided
- Satellite tv
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants
- Direct trail access from the heart of town
– check in at 4 p.m., checkout at 10 a.m.
– two-night minimum stay; three-night holiday minimum
– well-behaved pets welcome for additional $20/night
– Visa and Mastercard accepted
– One-half non-refundable deposit due on reservation
The house was built in the late 1800’s, when Davis was a rough collection of boardinghouses, saloons and shops catering to lumberjacks and mill hands. It was occupied by the Lamberth family during the early 1900’s and the Skarzinsky’s from the early 30’s on. “Doc” Skar was a company doctor who cared for coal miners working near Thomas. Letters, memorabilia and historic items from both families are on display throughout the house.